In this episode, Susan shares her experience learning about Second Life, the virtual world receiving a lot of press as an environment with distance education potential. Part of her journey included meeting Sarah Robbins, who is indeed teaching within Second Life.
Download MP3 File
In this episode, Susan shares her experience learning about Second Life, the virtual world receiving a lot of press as a future environment for distance education. Part of her journey included meeting Sarah Robbins, who is teaching within Second Life and spent time explaining this to Susan. A portion of that conversation is included. Susan references several articles and sites:
- Larry Johnson’s Spotlight blog post
- NMC Campus Observer (a blog about Second Life hosted by New Media Consortium)
- Listserve for Second Life Educators
- Sarah Robbins from Ball State University
- Review of NMC symposium and links to podcasts (scroll to the bottom for media)
- And Dan throws this in for humor, after the fact.
Also, visit the hosts of the Green Room online at the Illinois Online Conference (IOC). LTGR is hosting all of the virtual IOC coffee breaks!
Time to hear from you! What is your take on Second Life, and what is its potential for education? An explorer of Second Life yourself? Share your experiences with us. You can respond at http://www.ltgreenroom.org or talk to us in LearningTimes. Or call us at 1-800-609-9006 x8055 (US and Canada) or 678-255-2174 x8055 (outside US and Canada). Join us!